A ‘Thief’ inside your pipes is Stealing your money!
Scale build up is, in reality, a hidden ‘Thief’ inside your company. It is hard to detect, yet you know it is there, ever present and ever increasing in its potential to rob you. Its existence degrades your equipment, wastes your time, and literally steals your money.
What we know about how scale is created.
The primary minerals responsible for the formation of scale are carbonates and sulphates of calcium and magnesium. The development of scale occurs under different circumstances, but the primary accelerants of scale formation are:
- Water velocity
- Water quality
As scale crystals form, they adhere to surfaces coating them with calcite. Over time, these sticky scale crystals will build up, layer upon layer, eventually reducing water flow and damaging pipework and equipment.
How does Scale actually steal your money?
Scale and its related consequences do steal money from you in the form of greater expenses.
Here are just a few you may recognize:
- 1.6mm of scale can increase your energy bill by >12%
- Water heater failure
- Cost of chemicals for descaling
- Maintenance costs on clogged drip irrigation heads
- Excess water usage due to scale on soil surfaces restricting water permeation
- Repair and replacement costs on taps, shower heads, toilets, water pipe work
- Swimming pool expenses are increased for chemicals to treat scale, bacteria and algae
- Shortened life of chillers and boilers
- Wasted employee time descaling water lines, dishwashers and fixtures
- Expensive chemical costs to combat bio-slime and biofilm in hospital water lines
- Costs to descale ice machines, beer lines, dairy lines and livestock water feeders
The Sidon Integro™ technology eliminates and inhibits the formation of scale (the ‘Thief’) by injecting electrons directly into the water solution. These electrons create an electro-chemical reaction with the negatively and positively charged ions in the water. The electrons which are negatively charged displace some already captured ions such as carbonate (CO32-), bicarbonate (HCO3–) and sulfate (SO42), due to the frenetic turbulence created. The ultimate effect is that the ‘free electrons’ in solution reduce calcium and magnesium to their neutral atomic state: calcium (Ca0) and magnesium (Mg0). In this state, they will not pair with anionic carbonate (CO32-), sulfate (SO42-) and bicarbonate (HCO3–) to form a scale crystal.
In Layman’s Terms
The electrons injected into the water disrupt the bonding which otherwise would occur to form scale. Minerals such as calcium and magnesium are reduced to their state of neutrality and will not bind with other substances like bicarbonate or sulfate to create a scale crystal. Therefore, the chemical bonding action which causes sticky scale crystals to form is inhibited. The different ions simply stay in the water solution and pass through without anything having been added or taken away from the water.
How can I take action against the ‘Thief’?
Ordering and installing the Integro™ could not be simpler. Contact us now to discover how this unique technology can be specifically tailored to your needs. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and arrange a free water analysis and site survey.